Tuesday, January 24, 2012

'Twas The Night Before London...

Well, this is my first official blog post! I got to Seattle today on a somewhat sickening plane ride, and then managed just fine to take the bus from Seatac to Bellevue with my big bags, which has made me a little bit more confident about getting all of my stuff around Europe!

I'm sitting in Eva and Horst's living room; the wind is crazy outside, but they have a really nice fire in here so it's really cozy and warm. This place is so familiar and comfortable; it feels like a major juxtaposition to what I'm about to experience by launching myself into a completely different realm. I definitely can't comprehend what's coming up. It feels really surreal to me that I'm about to leave the U.S. tomorrow and not come back for five months. I feel sad about leaving my family and friends and familiar territory, and at the same time I'm so excited and anxious for everything to get started! I've been in limbo waiting for this trip for so long that I just want to be there, get lost, and have fun.

So tomorrow at 6 PM, Rebecca and I leave for London, where we will be until February 3. Then, I'm going to Brussels for a few days with Elena, my friend who's coming up from Germany. THEN, I will fly on the 6th to Edinburgh for my study abroad orientation, then to a homestay for a few days, and at long last, I will start my semester at Stirling University!

I'm so excited, so nervous, and so ready to start!

Until London!

No comments:

Post a Comment