Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Moment I Don't Want To Forget

Last night Amanda, Grace and I went to go get a cider, and I remembered something that happened last Tuesday that I don't want to forget!

When Amanda and I were coming home after our Valentine's Day flop, we got a taxi because we were tired, it was late, etc. But, we had very little cash on us. So once in the taxi, and seeing the price go up and up, we were getting a little bit worried about being able to pay our fare. Then I see out of the corner of my eye, Amanda pull out a handful of change, and she's just sitting there with her hands cupped, looking fearfully at the meter. It was so sad, and so hilarious at the same time! So then we look at where the meter is, put the current bill into her left hand, and the rest of our money was in her right hand. So as our fare went up and up, I was putting coins into her left hand. We were both freaking a bit, because there was less and less change left! Then, thankfully, our cab driver realized that he was lost, and when we got home he told us we could just give him five pounds, which we had! Whew! It was a stressful moment, but really funny at the same time, and I don't want to forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment