Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bringing the family to Stirling!

On Sunday my parents and Karl got to Scotland!! I caught the first train from Stirling to Edinburgh to meet them at the train station, and I accidentally got off a stop early because I was so anxious to see them! Luckily I realized my mistake quickly and jumped back on.

After meeting up, we caught the train immediately back into Stirling, got them situated, and then went to my favorite pub in Stirling, Molly Malone's, for a bite of lunch. Karl got fish and chips, dad got haggis, mom got an Irish take on a savory crepe, and I got ham and eggs! It was all really delicious, and we got to share...including dad! We all tried haggis. It was actually not bad. I wouldn't order it myself, but it wasn't as awful as I was anticipating, and now I can say that I've tried it! So that was good.

After lunch, we walked up and toured Stirling castle, which took a few hours since it's relatively extensive. We stopped for some tea and scones after the castle, and they all realized how tired they were, so they went back to the b&b to relax and get ready for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment